Tuesday, August 24, 2010

what I made, so called designed, this summer of 2010

This is the only piece, that I worked really hard designing, and even harder making. I used old jeans, cut them into diamond shapes, and voila!


The rest of the designs, I really didn't have to design at all. The fabrics were so rich in print; they took me all the way to India. When fabric is so colorful there is no need for a complicated design, less is more. I made a few caftans, and they were all sold out!



I picked this fabric while my sister was shopping for baby stuff. She looked at me, and I could read on her face that she wanted to send me to the looney bin, especially when I picked the yellow trim as an accent color. I hope I changed her mind.




This dress doesn't look nearly as pretty as it really is. The white embroidered lace is raw silk, and the fucshia slip is very soft flowy silk.





No comments:

Post a Comment